Resident Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I rent from your company?
- How do I apply to rent?
- Will I sign a lease?
- How much money will I need to move-in?
- What about pets?
- What do I need to do if I want a roommate?
- What if I want to make changes in the home?
We are a professional, knowledgeable, and courteous property management company. We work very hard to provide the highest quality services to our residents.
- We use professional vendors that are licensed and insured to provide you with the best service available.
- We are available 24 hours a day to handle emergency maintenance repairs.
- We provide detailed Move-in and Move-out Inventory forms for proper documentation of the condition of your rental.
- All deposits that are retained by us are kept in a State monitored escrow account in a FDIC insured bank.
- When you sign your lease, you have a meeting with your property manager to go over all parts of the lease to help ensure that everyone is aware of their responsibilities under the lease.
- All our property managers are licensed real estate professionals according to state requirements.
You will need to contact us to receive an application. An application fee of $30 and the completed and signed application must be returned to our office for processing. Normal procedure is that tenants preview the home before submitting an application. This is to ensure that the tenant is happy with all aspects of the home before signing a lease. You may rent a home sight unseen, however, we do not recommend this.
Yes, for most of our properties you will sign a 12 month lease that covers our responsibilities of all parties throughout the tenancy. A lease for any period other than 12 months must be agreed upon before signing a lease. We will go over each part of the lease to ensure you understand it. After your application is accepted, your deposit is received, and your lease signed, we will hand you the keys to your home.
The total amount of money needed to move-in will depend on several factors:
- The rent amount or pro-rated amount.
- The security deposit amount. (Listed in the description)
- Any pet fees or pet deposits. (Only for tenants with pets)
- Last Month's Rent. (Required only in certain conditions)
- $35 Lease preparation fee.
Contact our office and we will be glad to figure these amounts for you. (850) 215-2800.
Properties that will accept pets are listed as "Pets Negotiable". A pet fee or deposit or both may be required depending on the property. The amounts may vary depending on the pet and the property. Typically, a non-refundable pet fee of $150 is required. Any pet determined by the property owner's insurance company to be a "dangerous pet" will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Any tenant who wishes to get a pet after move-in must get prior approval.
Roommates must be approved by Nautilus Realty & Management before the roomate moves in. An application must be submitted and approved. Subleasing is not permitted by the lease agreement.
Most tenants do not realize the importance of these requirements untill it is too late. The application process will find any background problems and can reveal issues that the current tenant may not be aware of. An approved applicant will be added to the lease which will make them legally responsible for the performance of the lease, the same as the current tenant. Some roommates have moved in, damaged the home and moved out, leaving the current tenant solely responsible for all damages and repair cost.
Any changes in the home must be approved prior to any work. This includes painting, installing fences, installing storage sheds, removing wall paper, or any other work that substantially alters the home. Please remember that many homes may have strict restrictions or associations that may prevent specific alterations.
Once a request is approved, the approval will be in writing.